Hi. I’m Barbara.
I am available for WordPress troubleshooting and problem solving, with a focus on helping web designers, virtual assistants, and digital agencies, as well as the DIY site owner.
I can solve a variety of WordPress problems including those related to:
- themes and plugins
- error messages, PHP errors, or the white screen (of death!)
- HTTPS implementation
- WooCommerce, Wishlist Member, Easy Digital Downloads, AppPresser and more
- email and server issues
- creating automated backups and/ or restoring backups
- moving old PHP code to PHP 7.x
- WordPress updates
- moving to a new host or changing domain names
What I Don’t Do
I’m not a graphic designer. If you are not designer either, and you’d like me to spearhead your new website, I will work with a professional Web Designer to create your site design.
What I Can Do
My skills are technical. I’m handy with PHP, CSS, and HTML. I have a B.S. in Information & Computer Science from University of California, Irvine that I got so long ago (1976), you’re probably surprised that we even had computers back then! I can make your site run better, faster, and abolish thorny problems. I can solve problems created by updates, or perform updates in a safe fashion. Or, if you want to improve your WordPress skills, I also offer one-on-one tutoring.
Barbara is Outstanding!
Barbara was on time, on budget, and hit the bullseye. She could literally write the book titled, “How to be a complete WordPress resource from A to Z.” Her professionalism, WordPress knowledge-base, can-do attitude, hands-on instruction, and thoroughness on a scale of one to ten, is a clear “10.” I’ve been working on websites since 2005 (yes, they had websites that long ago), and rarely have I encountered such a seamless way to solve my site’s most challenging problems.
Many say they are experts at WordPress, and I can assure you Barbara by far stands out of the crowd. Thank you Barbara, I look forward to working with you again soon.
Easy to Understand
Thanks for making the tech stuff easy to understand and not scary for someone like me!
Love Working with You
You are the bomb! I love working with you.
Excellent explanation of how to use BackWPup!
You made what was intimidating on paper, easy to learn! Thanks.
Problems I've Solved Recently
- Updated custom e-commerce theme templates to be compatible with WooCommerce 3.x
- Implemented a customized AMP solution for Google mobile pages
- Created a mobile app based on a WordPress site using AppPresser
- Tracked down a plugin conflict with WooCommerce 3.x
- Converted a membership site to Wishlist Member
- Converted over 50 sites from HTTP to HTTPS
- Fixed a subscription form that wasn't mailing notifications
- Customized existing plugins to meet specific needs
- Next up ... your problem!